Family Physician of the Year
Dr Werner Oberholzer, Radville
Dr Oberholzer has practiced Family Medicine in Radville since 1999. He obtained is MBChB from the University of the Orange Free State in 1989, a Diploma Forensic Medicine, College of Medicine of South Africa, his LMCC in October of 2003, his CCFP in 2009 and his CCPE in 2012. Dr Oberholzer also has his Certificate for Aviation Medicine.
Dr Oberholzer is the Medical Director for Sun Country Health Region. His is a Member of the Joint Professional Review Committee, College of Physicians & Surgeons of Saskatchewan, a Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, U. of S., a member of Saskatchewan e-Health Executive Planning Committee and an expert member of the Chronic Disease Management Program, Saskatchewan Ministry of Health.
The Saskatchewan Chapter Board of Directors received many support letters for Dr Oberholzer’s award nomination – to quote, – “Werner stands out as a leader who has contributed significantly to physician leadership in healthcare, engaging quality improvement in healthcare, with the key factor being – improved, quality patient centered care second to one, regardless of the obstacles”.
Thank you Dr Oberholzer!
The Dr Michael Krochak Award
Dr Gill White, Regina
Dr White has been a leader in Medical Education in the Province of Saskatchewan and has been instrumental in the development and expansion of Family Medicine Residency Education.
Family Medicine Community Teacher of the Year
Dr Razawa Maroof, Regina
Presented by the Department of Academic Family Medicine.
CFPC Award of Excellence
Dr Megan Dash, Regina and Dr Angela Arnold, Regina
Dr Megan Dash, Regina and Dr Angela Arnold, Regina for building a coalition of Family Physicians and Resident in Saskatchewan to write and publish a study guide for family medicine.
- SCFP Member Study Grant Award
- Dr Paul Olszynski, Saskatoon
$2,000 study grant to attend a non-funded ultrasound traineeship through the Royal London Hospital, London, England. The traineeship was divided between ultrasound training and educational research and teaching
- SCFP Family Medicine Resident II Study Grant
- Dr Taffeta Fitterer, Regina and Dr Scott Eliason, Saskatoon
$1,500 award for FMR II’s to attend Family Medicine Forum, Vancouver
- SCFP Medical Student Study Grant
- Kristin Bonkowski, Saskatoon
$1,500 award for a medical student to attend Family Medicine Forum, Vancouver
- CFPC – C. Robert Kemp Palliative Care Scholarship
- Dr Andrea Johnson, Saskatoon
- CFPC Murray Stalker Award
- Dr Paul Dhillon, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
- CFPC Family Medicine Leadership Award
- Dr Paul Dhillon, Saskatoon
- CFPC Family Medicine Resident Award for Scholarly Achievement
- Dr Jeffrey Irvine and Dr Stephanie Young
- CFPC Medical Student Scholarship
- Diana Austin
- CFPC Medical Student Leadership
- Alison Thompson